Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Night Two. Dinner + Engagement!


Just crying because so happy

Later that night we all got ready and went to a seafood restaurant at another resort. It was beautifully decorated but the food wasn't very good. I actually didn't even see anything familiar on the menu other than pin-coladas haha! After dinner, Brock and I went on a walk on the beach up to this hill over looking the water that we found earlier that day. We found a spot to lay and look at the stars, it was so dark thats the only thing we could really see.

I suddenly felt nervous! hello, we have been together almost four years, why did I feel like it was our first kiss all over again?! He began to say how much he loved me and how happy I make him and some other stuff I can't really remember and then he reached in his pocket and slipped a ring on my finger. and said "Marissa Lee Mock will you marry me?" and I didn't believe it was real. I probably said "are you serious? are you sure? is this real?" a million times! I never even sad yes! he finally said "well is that a yes?" and then I said "YES!" and I cried for a good little while. Then my little brother appeared with champagne and glasses and attempted to get a picture in our engagement spot.

It was such a happy moment! I loved that it was private and intimate and so him! I could hear the nervousness in his voice and all the small moments I never want to forget. I could relive it over and over. Announcing it was the best our family and friends were so sweet and so happy for us. We couldn't ask for better people in our lives! Thanks mom and dad for sharing your anniversary with us ;)

* Fun fact, We got engaged next to a turtle home and three little men in white suits came up to us and asked if we would please not use our lights in front of the turtle homes. Okay, way to ruin the romantic moment! We laughed about this forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top